Wednesday, September 22, 2010

About the Bloggers

   My name is Allison Toepfer and I’m a senior double major in Public Communication and Psychology. I’m contributing to this blog because I think it is important for people to be able to understand what is going on in the political system in our country. I have never been particularly aware of what is going on in politics. I simply never tried to understand because it always seemed like I was jumping into the middle of things and there were too many backstories and things I didn’t understand. The political jargon and policies were just too much for me to handle. The reason why I am writing this blog is to make politics easy to understand for everyone because choosing a candidate and voting affects everyone in the country. If you don’t know the facts it is hard to make an informed decision and choose the candidate that will best serve your interests. I hope that this blog will help make things clear and I encourage everyone to get out there and vote for things that are important to them!


   My name is Kathrine Olsen Flaate, I’m a senior, double major in Public Communication and Sociology/Anthropology. I’ve always been very interested in politics and I enjoy reading about politics. I believe that reading magazines on all sides of the political spectrum benefits me in the understanding of the political world because I can see the whole picture.  I’m from Norway originally and therefore I cannot vote in the United States. However, through this blog I’m able to take part in the election in a unique way. As I am not an American the blog will have a special twist adding an outsider's perspective on the election and the candidate the blog is following. This will give you, the reader, a great benefit because you’ll come to understand the impact American politics have on those who cannot vote, which includes not only foreigners, but also children, those who are under 18 and those who do not understand the political world. This blog will give you a chance to understand that there are many ways to contribute to and affect politics, not only by voting, but partaking. However the most direct way to participate in our government is by voting, so if you can, VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment